MANAGE THE AVAILABILITY OF PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Allow your part-timers to specify their hourly availability
Managing Availability Periods
In Teamdeck, the availability feature allows you to define the period during which an employee is available to work on a given day. This functionality is particularly beneficial for part-time employees who have non-regular working schedules.
Note: To add availability for a specific person, please ensure that you have enabled the "Can Specify Hourly Availability" option in their profile. You can access this setting by navigating to Settings > People.
The availability of resources is displayed in the Calendar as grey cells. While full-time employees' availability is also visible, it is not editable. Managers and owners have the authority to manage the availability of part-time team members.
To add availability to the Calendar, you can either delegate this task to the team member themselves or perform it as a manager/owner. Follow the steps below to add availabilities:
- Scroll to the desired person/resource for whom you want to add availability.
- Hover over the appropriate day and click the plus icon that appears. This action will open a drawer where you can provide additional information about the time entry.
- The person and date will be preselected, but you can modify this data if needed.
- Enter the availability periods. It is possible to add multiple availability periods for a single day.
- Optionally, you can choose to repeat the availability on specific days for a defined period.
- Once you have entered the required information, click the "Save" button to confirm and save the availability.
If you need to remove availabilities from the Calendar, follow these steps:
- Hover over the availability or click on it to reveal the trash bin icon.
- Click on the trash bin icon to remove the availability. Managers and owners have the ability to edit or remove any availabilities for part-time team members.
To remove multiple availabilities within a specific period, please use the following procedure:
- Click on any availability entry to initiate the editing process.
- Enable the "Repeat Entry" toggle to specify the date range and weekdays.
- Click on the trash bin icon to delete the availabilities within the defined date range and selected weekdays.